Wednesday 13 January 2010

Noise making (non obviously musical)


We were all asked to bring along a non musical, sound making object for a lecture by the legendary Ron Geesin last week. Unfortunately it had to be postponed because of the freakish weather we've been having recently. The little undead fella you see here was going to be my contribution. Wind him up and he makes one hell of a racket. Thankfully the lecture has been rescheduled for next week, I can't wait!



As for the other pics, I thought I'd share my current working space with you before it changes drastically (we're moving home) and also give you a little peak into my methods when it comes to writing.
Basically, all my ideas end up in the light blue folder you see here. The sketchbook and a4 writing pad are for drawn and written research respectively. I tend to write in pictures mainly and then compile them (or photocopies of them if they're from the sketchbook) in the folder in the order I want the narrative to take. If I come up with better ideas for certain parts, the older bits then get relegated to the back of the folder. I might revisit these deleted scenes later though if I get stuck.
Tonight I've been thumbnailing out my story chronologically in the sketchbook (the last pic). I say 'chronologically' because I eventually intend to splice the scenes up so that the narrative will jump back and forth in time. I'll explain why and also what the hell my story is about (which I promised for this post - sorry!) in the next installment!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jaime,
    I found your blog! It looks like you've been busy, hope the MA is going well!
    Good luck with the review of work stuff - 2nd time round is definitely easier.
    from Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Debbie!
    I've been rubbish at keeping my blog up to date lately so only just spotted your comment - sorry!
    Hope all is going well with you too - was good to catch up at the zine fair the other week.
    Rock on
    jaime

    ReplyDelete